How To Investigation a Haunting
Check List To Determine If Your House Is Haunted
Or is it just an over active imagination? Have you been watching too many scary movies? In our work and research we have encountered many families who truly believe that their dwelling is haunted. Upon investigation, we find that they are not suffering from haunting phenomena, but either an over active imagination, or some other psychological problem.
The following questions should be answered to the best of your ability:
- Have you or anyone in your family ever dabbled in occult practices? These include playing with a Ouija board, holding seances, visiting a psychic for a psychic reading, tarot cards, tea leaf reading, etc?
- Do you have strange dreams, thoughts that aren’t your own?
- Are there unusual cold spots in the house? An example would be a room that is normally warm, and then suddenly becomes cold? Then warm again?
- Do pets in the house act strange in any way? For instance, staring off into space at something, or appearing frightened for no apparent reason?
- Are there any unusual sounds that can’t be logically explained? This may include pounding or knocking sounds? (This is one of the most mis-interpreted factors when dealing with a possible haunting. Many sounds come from logical sources, i.e. hot water pipes, house settling, something falling or being knocked over by a pet, furnace noises, etc.) These must all be ruled out.
- Do you find you and family members are easily agitated, and perhaps argue more than usual?
- Do you witness shadows, figures, movements from the corner of your eye? From your peripheral vision?
- Are objects suddenly found to have gone missing and then reappear? (An example is leaving your car keys on the table, then unable to locate them? Later you return and they are right there where you had left them? )
- Have you been touched by an unseen hand?
- Do you hear whispering, or talking? Is the whispering or talking understandable?
- Do you feel frightened in your home for no apparent reason?
Answering yes to one of these questions doesn’t necessarily mean your dwelling is haunted. But answering yes to 3 or more of them (depending on which 3) might mean there is something going on in your home that shouldn’t be ignored.
The only true way to know for sure would be to contact us, and discuss your particular situation with us.
Remember, we do not charge a fee for our consultations, or investigations. We only ask for reimbursement for expenses in the event we need to travel to your location for further investigation.
Refer to the email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact a member of our society.
How to Conduct Paranormal Investigation
[flashvideo file=http://s3.amazonaws.com/The.ONE.Matrix/videos/HowToConDuctParanormalInvestigation.flv /]